A Beginner’s Guide to Online & Mobile Banking Services
When it comes to your bank accounts, we understand that trying something new can be unsettling. That’s why we’ve put together this beginner’s guide to Online Banking and Mobile Banking services. Fidelity Bank is here to help you safely and conveniently do your banking, whether that is in person or digitally. But, when you use our official Fidelity Bank mobile banking app or our internet banking website, these safe systems can increase the convenience factor. Plus, enrolled online banking customers have access to even more tools that provide alerts and notices of suspicious account activity.
Continue reading for an introduction to some of our digital banking services or jump ahead if you wish. Should you have any additional questions about our services, please reach out to us!
Online banking provides safe and secure access to your accounts anytime and from anywhere. You will need to sign into a computer or preferred device, as access to your accounts is through a secure web browser. If you have not enrolled, that is the first step. For a quick introduction to online banking check out our video below. If you need any help or have questions, please contact us or visit one of our branch locations for more assistance.
What Can You Do With Online Banking?
Online Banking provides a new way of doing the banking-related activities you are used to. Fidelity Bank personal banking customers who are enrolled in online banking are also able to have access to many additional digital services. For a complete list of all that is included, visit our website.
Online Banking makes the process easier for you to be notified about your account. Whether you want to be emailed or receive text alerts, Fidelity Bank has Account Alerts that are customizable so you can make the system personal to your needs. There are also “do not disturb” settings so you can make sure any account alerts are not disruptive to your daily life. Learn more about Account Alerts.
Another Online Banking service is eStatements, the easy way to view your statements as soon as they are available without waiting for the mailed version. No longer will you have paper clutter, as you will receive an emailed notification as soon as your electronic statement is available to view. Learn more about eStatements.
Included with our digital banking services, Credit Sense is available through the online portal or mobile app. You can check your credit score, receive tips for improving your score, and get alerts when your credit score changes. With no hard pull on your credit, this free service allows you to proactively check your score as often as you would like. You can also monitor how credit reporting changes you make are turning into positive results. Learn more about Credit Sense.
While paying bills isn’t fun, it is necessary. And Online Bill Pay is a way to make it simple and secure. Instead of mailing a payment once a bill arrives in the mail, you just need to set up a biller in the online banking system to pay electronically. You can set the amount to pay and when the payment will be made. If the bill is a reoccurring one, the information you previously entered will already be captured so the time you spend making your bill payments is dramatically reduced. Plus, there is an electronic record so you can view historical payment information.
Paying your bills online helps protect you from fraud and identity theft because access to your accounts is protected by multiple layers of security. Paying this way protects you from mail fraud and theft that can happen via regular mail. And your options with online bill pay help guard against late payments that can cost you money and hurt your credit rating.
Check out our online video library for a tutorial about online bill payments and other services:
View Our Videos
Fidelity Bank customers who are enrolled in online banking are also able to download the Fidelity Bank mobile app for a seamless and secure experience. All the services listed above are included with our free mobile banking app, making it even easier to bank on the go. If you need help with our app, check out our Mobile App FAQs or connect with us for more assistance.
Download Our Mobile App
Visit the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store and download the Fidelity Bank West Des Moines app today.
Web access is needed for mobile banking. Check with your wireless carrier for fees that may apply. You must have online banking to use mobile banking. All terms acceptable to online banking apply to mobile banking. Fidelity Bank does not charge for text banking. However, your mobile carrier may charge for sending and receiving text messages on your mobile phone. It is important to check with your mobile carrier for specific fees and charges that may apply.
Mobile Banking Puts the Power in Your Hands
Mobile Banking makes banking on the go even easier. Following enrollment in Online Banking , adding Mobile Banking provides a seamless experience to utilize more services including mobile deposit and Zelle®. Download our free Fidelity Bank mobile app and login with your credentials to get started. For a complete list of all services included with our accounts, visit our website.
Zelle® is a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes.3 With just an email address or U.S. mobile phone number, you can send money to people you trust, regardless of where they bank.2
Only send money to people you know and trust. Once you have sent a payment you cannot cancel it, so it is important you know and trust the people you’re sending money to. Read more about Zelle Safety.
2 Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle®.
3 Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle®.
By using the camera on your mobile phone, depositing a check has never been easier! In just a few steps, your check deposit can be done with our app:
- Endorse your check and write "For Mobile Deposit Only at Fidelity Bank" below your signature
- Open the Fidelity Bank mobile app and click "deposit" or "mobile deposit"
- Take a photo of both sides of your check
- Follow the prompt to finish your deposit—it's that easy!
Our smartphone devices are an extension of us, with more and more daily activities utilizing this technology. But are you taking steps to keep your phone secure? Here are a few simple things to do right now:
- Lock your screen. Use biometric identification (like a fingerprint or Face ID) and a passcode to make sure your phone screen is locked. Double check the idle time before your phone automatically locks, too.
- Back up your data. Whether the backup is on the cloud or another source, if something happens to your phone without a backup you could lose all your data including contacts and photos.
- Download only trusted apps. You’re safer downloading apps from one of the official stores, such as the Apple App Store or Google Play.
- Update operating systems and apps. When you see that your operating system or an app needs updated, take the time to do it, or better yet, turn on auto updates if available. Updates can include important security fixes that help protect you.
- Don’t store sensitive information. Don’t keep account numbers, passwords or other personal information on your phone.
- Beware of public Wi-Fi. When using your Mobile Banking app or making payments, don’t use an unsecured public Wi-Fi network. Switch to your cellular network instead.
- Be secure. Shop only at sites that you trust and know are secure. And make sure to log out as soon as you are done.
- Consider using an app to locate or remotely wipe your phone’s data. These options are standard on many smartphones and can help you find a misplaced phone or remotely erase the data on a stolen phone. Also, be sure to wipe your phone (or restore to factory settings) before you give it away or trade it in.
To begin banking with us and take advantage of our Online Banking and Mobile Banking services, open an account online today.
Fidelity Bank does not control the content of or approve any website that is linked through this browser. Search results are not filtered or screened by the bank or any of its agents, representatives or service providers. Users, who search the Internet using their browser, do so at their own risk, and are responsible for the results. The portals and links are provided by an outside source. Fidelity Bank is not responsible for the content.